Altium Designer is a comprehensive PCB-based electronics design system that allows you to perform a full range of design tasks,
from the concept of operation to the release of a complete set of design and manufacturing data.
Altium Designer is the most widely used PCB design system for electronics engineers and designers. Altium Designer is affordable, efficient and modern software with a single user interface, managed by a simple and clear licensing system.
Altium Designer’s unified data model allows you to quickly and efficiently design new electronic products.
An optimized unified user interface for all editors (UGO, footprint, schematic, board, design documentation, etc.)
increases the productivity of the design process and eliminates typical difficulties and errors caused by manual data transfer between editors.
Main features of Altium Designer:
• A unified platform where all stages of designing an electronic device are carried out.
• Creation of electrical circuits. Altium Designer supports bi-directional communication between the schematic and the board, which provides a consistent user interface and data model for the entire design process and increases its efficiency.
• Component management. A single model of each component, which has all the necessary components: UGO, footprints, 3D model and behavioral models for performance analysis.
• Project verification. The built-in XSPICE mixed analog and digital analysis editor and waveform editor enable AC analysis, transient analysis, operating point calculation, sensitivity to change of parameters analysis, Monte Carlo analysis and other types of analysis.
• Topology design, where the tools have a logical structure and allow you to place and move objects in different modes.
• Support for rigid-flex boards. Altium Designer makes it easy to define and edit rigid-flex stack regions of different materials and thicknesses, allowing you to create rigid-flex designs on a single board.
• Designing devices from several electronic modules. Altium Designer allows you to design an assembly consisting of many interconnected boards, supports device designs from several electronic modules.
• Interactive tracing. Modern features of the PCB editor allow you to route single conductors and differential pairs in various placement modes and adjust the length of the conductors.
Recommended system requirements:
• Windows 7 (64-bit only), Windows 8 (64-bit only), or Windows 10 (64-bit only)
• Intel® Core™ i7 processor or equivalent
• 16 GB RAM
• 10 GB free hard disk space (installation and user files)
• Solid state drive (SSD)
• High performance graphics card (DirectX 10 or higher), such as GeForce GTX 1060/Radeon RX 470
• Two monitors with a screen resolution of 2560×1440 (or higher)
• 3D PCB design mouse such as Space Navigator
• Adobe® Reader® (version XI or later for 3D PDF viewing)
• Internet connection
• Up-to-date version of the web browser
• Microsoft Office: 32-bit or 64-bit (Microsoft Excel is required for BOM creation, Microsoft Access is required for DbLib-based libraries). The 64-bit version of Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 (required for DbLib) is included with 64-bit Microsoft Office, but not 32-bit). If you are using 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Altium design software on the same machine.